I’m really happy to say that I was recently nominated for the Liebster Award by Nadyess at Wordsandroses.wordpress.com, who has a really sweet blog (see for yourself: http://wordsandroses.wordpress.com/).
Liebster is favorite in German, from what I hear. This award is for new-ish bloggers who as of now have less than 200 followers.
To accept the Liebster, you have to link back to the nominator’s blog, answer 11 questions from the nominator, list 11 random facts about yourself and create 11 questions for your nominees. Then, you nominate like three to five blogs with less than 200 followers that you think deserve recognition, and you post the award on your blog along with your answers, random facts, questions for your nominees and links to your nominees’ blogs.
Here are my responses to Nadyess’ questions:
1. What do love the most about blogging?
I like reading the thoughts and ideas of writers who who have a lot in common with me. I didn’t know there were so many people who think like I do.
2. What`s your favorite food?
I like cultural and ethnic foods! Which is mostly Chinese around here where I live.. I also love seafood. I don’t really have a favorite food. I like it all.
3. What makes you very happy?
My secret nerd addictions, like comic books and geeky obscure heavy metal bands.
4. What`s the best book you ever read?
Whatever I happen to be reading at the moment. I just finished The Picture of Dorian Gray and I’m working on The Arabian Nights, which I’m really enjoying. If I had to pick one I would say maybe 1984 or Fahrenheit 451 (well, that’s two). I’m about to start reading Dandelion Wine, by Ray Bradbury who also wrote Fahrenheit 451. He was a great writer so I have high hopes for it.
5. Where is your favorite vacation destination and why?
The coast. Any coast really, and because the ocean is beautiful. And if you live in Texas like I do, it’s not all that expensive to drive down to the gulf or even over to the east coast.
6. What`s you favorite season of the year?
Spring, because it’s so pretty. Green is my favorite color and I like seeing it everywhere after a long winter.
7. What advice would you recommend a new blogger?
Keep going, even if your posts aren’t very good and even if you don’t have very many readers, because I’ve noticed that you gradually get better at it (for me, it’s a very slow process).
8. What made you happy today?
Having nothing in particular to do today, and taking the morning slow. I made some hot tea, listened to some of my old records, and my chihuahua Fernando fell asleep in my lap while I finished this post. It’s only a little after noon though, so I may actually get out and do something later. The weather is great today.
9. Who is the most important person in your life?
My sister, who is also my best friend.
10. Is there anything you love to collect?
Guitars and vinyl records, mostly. Also I’ve recently noticed that I’ve accrued a surprsingly large amount of dragon stuff over the years, particularly oil and incense burners. I didn’t intend to collect stuff like that but people always buy this sort of thing for me and I guess I can’t complain. I certainly can’t blame people for buying me nerd stuff.
11.Who is your favorite historical person and why.
George Orwell maybe. I don’t know. Maybe Napoleon because he’s really interesting to read about.
My eleven questions:
1. Who is your favorite musician?
2. What was your biggest childhood dream? Did any part of it ever come true?
3. If your life could be made into a movie, what genre would you want it to be?
4. What is your most irrational fear?
5. How do you feel about the hairstyles of the 80s?
6. Name a song that really blew you away the first time you heard it.
7. How do you define success in life?
8. If you could be any fictional character, who would you want to be?
9. How long has it been since you rock and rolled?
10. What kind of animal is this?
(I’m running out of question ideas.)
11. Do you agree that 11 questions is a little too many for the Liebster award?
I’m glad that’s over. Now, here are some blogs that I picked to nominate. Picking nominees was the hardest part of this because most of the blogs that I love have more than the allotted 200 followers for the award. I hope all of my choices have less than 200 followers, I’m not really sure. I may have screwed up. It does happen from time to time.
Anyway here they are:
Photos from Google Images and Pinterest.
~ by Sara on May 1, 2013.
Posted in Awards, Blogging, Fernando, Writing
Tags: 1984, blog award, blogging, chihuahua, chinese, comic books, community, dandelion wine, dragons, fahrenheit 451, fernando, george orwell, guitar, gulf coast, heavy metal, incense, liebster, liebster award, music, musicians, napoleon, oscar wilde, ray bradbury, readers, recognition, records, rock, seafood, spring, texas, the arabian nights, the picture of dorian gray, wordpress, writing